Cam da, motiv pentru care nu Slack și notificările sunt problema pentru unii oameni, ci faptul că nu știu să comunice sau să filtreze și organizeze canalele de comunicare într-un mod util.
“So here’s the thing that you’re bad at, which is why none of the fifty different email apps you’ve bought for your phone have fixed the problem: when you get these messages, you aren’t making a conscious decision about:
– how important the message is to you
– whether you want to act on them at all
– when you want to act on them
– what exact action you want to take
– what the consequences of taking or not taking that action will be
This means that when someone asks you to do a thing, you probably aren’t going to do it. You’re going to pretend to commit to it, and then you’re going to flake out when push comes to shove. You’re going to keep context-switching until all the deadlines have passed.
In other words: The thing you are bad at is saying ‘no’ to people.”